Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Toni Morrison


Toni Morrison

I know a boy who is sky-soft brown
I know a boy who is sky-soft brown
The dirt leaps for joy when his feet touch the ground.
His strut is a peacock
His eye is burning brass
His smile is sorghum syrup drippin´ slow-sweet to the last
I know a boy who is sky-soft brown


This song is from the one of Toni Morrisons novel that I read first and like the best:


The bluest eye


Tanzania

I bought the book in a very small bookshop in Tabora, Tanzania, where I lived 1983-1985. I was living also in Moshi, Tanzania 1985-1986, where I had a fantastic wiew of the Mount Kilimanjaro from the porch of my house (and also of the Police Academy´s big maize-field!)


The Kili

Link: Great photos of Moshi and Kilimanjaro
(and Iceland as well I just discovered!)

No comments: