Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hótel Frón



Now the touristseason has come into full bloom!

I´m helping out with the breakfast at Hótel Frón almost every morning these days, starting at 6-6.30 in the morning and finishing about 11.00. The last two mornings we have catered for about 70 people, most of them being in two large groups coming in at the same time early, and this morning an addition of passengers arriving with the very early flight coming in from the USA. It´s going to continue like this for some weeks now at least. The last couple of mornings I was assisting the woman working opposite to Óskar on the nightshift, tonight is the first of his 5 shifts in a row, from 24.00 to 11.00-12.00 - 12 hour shifts, long working hours.

The manager has said I can have all the work I like, I only have to tell them when I want time off!

No comments: