Thursday, November 10, 2005

I have not felt like posting -

I´ve been a bit depressed about blogging lately. The reason is that I got a rather harsh e-mail from sombody Icelandic, living abroad, that I know a little bit, whose blog I had come across on the net. I quite enjoyed reading it, so I had made a link on it and made comments a few times. I want to stress that I had nothing but positive feelings about this person and all my comments were on a happy note. Then I got this e-mail from that person, telling me that the person in question did not want to be linked on my blog, or me making comments, that it was out of line and that the blog was written for a close(d) circle of friends and I must understand that. That I of course could not be forbidden to read but should refrain from commenting and linking. When I had a look at the blog I discovered that all my comments had been deleted. I was very sad about all this matter and wrote and apologized for intruding my person on that other person, telling that I would take out the link immediately and stop reading that blog. I guess this is something that can always happen to you in this jungle of the blogosphere. But all this matter is the cause that I don´t feel very much like blogging these days, along with the fact that Iceland is becoming a dark and cold place these days and will become so more and more until January, when days start getting longer again. Just fortunate that we have the festivities of Christmas to look forward to during this darkest time of the year.

3 comments:

aklanta said...

But I do not think it's fare to stay away from the blogsphere and punish your fans for the illtreatment done by one who do not know how to respect the feelings of a well-wisher...ever ytime we visit your blog and do not find some new post, we just wonder what happend to Greta? Why is she remaining silent? So please...

Arindam said...

you know - there are a lot of jerks out there. but that doesn't mean that you will stop blogging. i thought you did it because you enjoyed it.

ah well. was shocking to read this after visiting your blog after a long time. :(

Greta Björg said...

on_the_walk and mel...
Thanks, I needed that; you´re so right!
Just had to air my disappointment a bit; I´ll keep finding new things to post!